We don't heal in isolation, but in community.
S. Kelley Harrell
Jubilee Ministries is committed to (a) helping people to learn the wisdom of God through scripture and the traditions of the Church, and (b) providing the on-going support for individuals to live and grow in that wisdom.
Adapted from a quotation from Archbishop Emeritus of the Archdiocese of Port of Spain, His Grace Edward P. Gilbert – Catholic News August 2007
We will accomplish this by providing:
- Catechetical Programs e.g. Instruction for Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation and Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
- Individual & Family Life Ministries – Men, Women, Children, Youth, Singles, Couples, Outreach, Arts, Media
- Life Skills Programs – Pilot Programs targeted to Special Groups
- Bible Study - To Know Him, To Love Him, To Serve Him (3 Year Scripture-Based Formation Program)
- Values and Virtues Formation Programs (targeted to both children and adults)
- Sacramental and Non-Sacramental Support Services – e.g. Spiritual and Psychological Counseling, Masses, Blessed Sacrament, and Family Meeting Rooms.
- Special Projects – e.g. Consider This! [Mini Series, Panel Discussion, Symposium]
Jubilee Ministries Timeline
Our focus is in support of the Archdiocese’s SYNOD 2009 goals, in this case specifically as it relates to the evangelization of special groups [men, women, married couples etc.] and the family. - Resolution #2 (New Evangelization)
Jubilee Men’s Ministry aims to serve young adult and mature men aged 21+.
Jubilee Singles Ministry is dedicated to the formation and support of young adults aged 21 to 35.
Jubilee Youth Ministry serves adolescents aged 11-17 and young adults aged 18-25.
Jubilee Women’s Ministry aims to serve young adult and mature women aged 21+
Jubilee Seniors Ministry is geared towards mature adult men and women over the age of 60.
Jubilee Outreach Ministries uses Jesus’ example of connecting with people to positively interact and impact the lives of others through music and other types of ministry.
Jubilee Media Ministry is the community’s communications ministry.
Jubilee Couples Ministry provides support for engaged and married couples.
Jubilee Kids Ministry is a fun formation ministry for children aged 5 to 10 years.
Jubilee Arts Ministry is a ministry which serves all ages. It is geared toward the creative output of the community.